Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Finished Customer Build (Elephuzz)

Hey Everyone,
    I finally finished the customer build I posted about a few weeks ago. This was a lot of fun for me. I love fuzz pedals so I put quite a bit of effort into it. I think you'll be able to tell by the pictures below. This pedal had a few of "first times" that went along with it. It was my first time; using water slide decals,using boards etched by me, using stranded wire, building for someone I didn't know (friend of a friend). The board is a Madbaens Sabertooth etched by me. I used the 3PDT designed by Cody on the MB forum, it makes everything easier. I had to substitute a couple of resistors for different values but it made no tonal difference on the effect. There is one more first on this pedal and it is the finishing process. So instead of just letting the spray paint dry I baked it in the oven for 30 min at 200 degrees. This hardens the paint and makes it more durable, It also does the same for the clear coat. The pedal is a clone of the Zvex Woolly Mammoth, so naturally I named it the Elephuzz. It has four controls; Phuzz, Pitch, Eq, and Bite. The pedal is quite dynamic and a ton of fun to mess around with. You can get everything from screaming high pitched fuzz tones, to deep muddy muck tones. Great pedal and a boat load of fun to play and build. Here are a few pictures of it.




































So there you are...The Elephuzz. Hope you guys like it. I did a quick video and will try and get it up on the tubes later this week. If you have any questions let me know. Thanks again for reading.

-Mike-

PS. HUGE props to Cody for the 3pdt daughter board design and the water slide decals!!!
VIDEO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment