Thursday, February 26, 2015

And another ones down!!!

Hello,
     Mike again, just letting you all know that I finished another build! Two in such a short time?!?! what a success! This is a Madbeans Kracken. I wanted an envelope filter and figured this was a good place to start. The circuit is a modified Mutron Micro V. The additions were two pots so you can adjust the Attack and Decay. I built this pretty close to Brian's specs. No fancy mods or outrageous switching options. All in all a fantastic sounding pedal. Building this also gave me the chance to test the other CA3080 chips I had in stock (all good ones). The switch board is a 1776effects Opto-Tron optical bypass board. This switch option uses a DPDT switch with an opto coupler to reduce bypass noise and tone "suck-age". I't also been a pretty big discussion on the forum about how much some people don't like the "China blue" 3PDT switches. So, I thought i would give the optical bypass a try in a pedal for me. It's good, and I think I'll use it in a few other builds. Anyways here are some pictures of the Kracken.




 

 



IT'S SO ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thanks for reading guys and gals. I'll post a shitty demo when I record it.

-Mike-

No comments:

Post a Comment