Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Time to Verb it UP!!!

Hey Everyone,
       I know it's been a while and there are many reasons for that. First is I've been super busy at work and haven't had a ton of time to devote to building. Second is I've had a couple projects on my bench that have been giving me a lot of trouble. Third I tore my left calf muscle a couple weeks ago. The last reason has been tough, physically any ways. Getting up and down the stairs isn't the easiest with this stupid cast on.
   
     Anyways, here is one of the projects that has been giving me some trouble. Its a Madbeans Moodring. This wonderful circuit is a reverb, using the Acoustitronics Brick, with a PT2399 delay circuit incorporated to add delay in series with the reverb. The Delay portion of this is works with the reverb and blended in after the reverb. The delay "time" is labeled as "Space", If it is turned all the way down then the delay is off. The "Mood" knob controls the tone for the reverb. The "Dwell" knob controls how much reverb is fed into the delay / pregain stage. The "Ring" knob controls how much reverb is mixed with the dry (non affected) signal. Finally the switch labeled "Kill" is a dry kill. This cuts all of the dry signal out of the output. This allows for some really cool ambient sounds.

     This is by far one of the cooler reverbs I've played with. I love the tone and over all ambience of this pedal. I was able to get this in a 1590BB. It took a little fudging but I did it. The board was designed to fit in a 125b. The enclosure is a "mis drilled" powder coated enclosure from Pedal Parts Plus. I admit the In / Out / 9V jacks are a little awkward but I kind of like them like that. The Space Ship you see on the pedal is the Ishimura form the video game series Dead Space. Layout and design of the graphics were done by me. Thanks for reading. More to come soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment